Below are some basic steps in registering your company.
1. Acquire a Tax Identification Number (TIN).
This is done by completing a Ghana Revenue Authority Tax Payer Registration Form. The
Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) officers after processing the TIN, send a text message for you to collect the TIN. This applies to both the online and physical application.
2. Pick out an appropriate name for your company and check the availability of the company name at the Registrar – General’s department. The name of your establishment should not be misleading, conflicting with any other name.
The Registrar may, on a written application and on payment of the prescribed fees, reserve a name pending registration of a company.
3. Present company registration documents (including the TIN form and your company regulations).
4. Fill up prescribed forms (Form A) from the offices of the Registrar – General’s department. The Registrar examines it and issues a business registration certificate.
5. After incorporation, you must complete Forms 3 and 4 (which you will pick up from the Registrar – General’s department) and the Registrar will issue you a Certificate to commence business.
6. You can then deposit paid-in capital at any bank of your choice and obtain business licences at the Metropolitan Authority as well as Social Security number at the Social Security office.
Once your company becomes a legal entity you can go ahead to conduct the affairs of the business and acquire assets in the company’s name.
GET IN TOUCH:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +233243083120 / +233209856865
- Social Media:
- Facebook (BizzAfrica)
- Twitter (@bizzafrica)
- LinkedIn (BizzAfrica)
- Instagram (@bizzafrica)